However, here are five email etiquette tips to remember next time you contact your lecturer or tutor via email.
1. Address the email recipient. Use the name you usually address them with, for example: 'Hi David'.
2. Check your spelling. If unsure, look it up!
3. Use a subject line - two to three words to summarise the email and keep the body of the email concise.
4. Don't send an email when you are full of negative emotion especially during study stress. It's easy to click the 'send' button without double checking what you've written.
5. Email is not confidential. Don't write anything you wouldn't want someone else reading.
A good example:
Subject: edu101 criterion 2
Is it okay to use a table to display our results for criterion 2?
Thanks in advance,
Time to re-think pressing the send button example
Can I use a tabel to show results? Everyone keeps saying different things and I'm just not sure anymore. I'm getting concflicting info about this task.
Can you help me?